[Essay Help]: a rural lifestyle
a rural lifestyle.
The human population has lived a rural lifestyle through most of history. The world’s population, however, is quickly becoming urbanized as people migrate to the cities. Developed nations have a higher percentage of urban residents than less developed countries. However, urbanization is occurring rapidly in many less developed countries, and it is expected that most urban growth will occur in less developed countries during the next decades.
In this Case, you are to select a country (other than Nigeria and the country you have selected for you SLP) which is experiencing rural-urban migration and answer the following questions.
1. Identify the Country you have selected and briefly describe its demographics.
2. Discuss the factors that are driving rural-urban migration in your selected country? (Hint: Migration is often explained in terms of either “push factors” – conditions in the place of origin which are perceived by migrants as detrimental to their well-being or economic security, and “pull factors” – the circumstances in new places that attract individuals to move there).
3. Describe the impact of rural-urban migration in your selected country? Consider health, environmental, economic and social implications.
This is to indiviual assignments. APA FORMAT FOR EACH ASSIGNMENT. THANKS
ASSIGNMENT EXPECTATIONS: Please read before completing assignments.
- Assignment should be 2-3 pages in length (double-spaced).
- Please use major sections corresponding to the major points of the assignment, and where appropriate use sub-sections (with headings).
- Remember to write in a Scientific manner (try to avoid using the first person except when describing a relevant personal experience).
- Quoted material should not exceed 10% of the total paper (since the focus of these assignments is on independent thinking and critical analysis). Use your own words and build on the ideas of others.
- When material is copied verbatim from external sources, it MUST be properly cited. This means that material copied verbatim must be enclosed in quotes and the reference should be cited either within the text or with a footnote.
- Use of peer-reviewed articles is strongly recommended. Websites as references should be minimal.
Assignment # 2
Project Description: The session long project (SLP) consists of an investigation of a country: it can be either an industrialized country (other than the United States), or an advanced developing country (like China); please do not choose a developing country (like Iraq). The relationship between the country’s health and demographics will be addressed.- CHOSEN COUNTRY IS SOUTH KOREA
Progress in Human Geography. Retrieved on11/28/12 from the web at http://phg.sagepub.com/content/35/4.toc
Rural-Urban Migration and Economic Growth in Developing Countries. Retrieved on 11/28/12 from http://ideas.repec.org/p/red/sed004/241.html
Transition on the Family Farm. Retrieved on 11/28/12 from the web at http://www.vanierinstitute.ca/include/get.php?nodeid=1934
Migration Web Sites
Migration Policy Institute. Retrieved 11/28/12 from the web at http://www.migrationpolicy.org
Migration Information Source. Retrieved 11/28/12 from the web at http://www.migrationinformation.org/about.cfm
SLP #5: Explore the impact of migration in your country:
1. Has there been any overall in-migration, out-migration, or rural-urban migration in your country?
2. Is there any concern about depopulaton? Or is there any concern about population exceeding available resources?
3. Discuss recommendations on how to reduce the impact of migration in our country.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
1. PRECISION: Each of the questions of the assignment is specifically addressed in the paper.
2. CLARITY: The paper reads clearly (i.e., it is not confusing) and is well-structured.
3. BREADTH: The paper presents appropriate breadth covering the questions of the assignment.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!