Asset-based approach. View The Classroom Mosaic- Culture and Learning (Links to an external site.). Then research one of the community associations that operate in your community or choose one of the following sites to complete your research:
- National Urban League
- National Association of Latino Arts and Culture
- Center for Multilingual Multicultural Research/Asian-Pacific Island Resources
- Center for Multilingual Multicultural Research/Native American Resources
Utilizing the asset-based approach discussed in your reading and Figure 7.4 of the text, explain the services provided to children and families. Then do the following:
- Choose one cultural event that interests you or that occurs in your community (e.g. Cinco de Mayo or Kwanzaa Celebration) and describe the event.
- Explain the norms, values and assets that this particular event creates and perpetuates for the community.
- Analyze the possible impact this event has on the students of the community where the event might typically take place.
Your paper should be at least three-five pages (not including the title and reference pages). You must include at least three credible sources, one of which must be your text, to support your explanation and analysis of the significance and importance of this cultural event.