[Essay Help]: Assignment: Agents of Social Change
Assignment: Agents of Social Change. Assignment: Agents of Social Change
Many historical individuals have played a crucial role in advancing the fields of public health and health education. These historical figures were extraordinary agents of social change. They opened the doors on public health and health education, from the eradication and/or control of diseases through vaccines, to methods for family planning; to educating the public about the importance of cleanliness, sterilization, and sterile fields. They established their role in maintaining individual and community health.
Review the learning resources provided in this module and think about the challenges that each historical figure experienced and the contributions each person made to social change. It is recommended that you start with the resources that are provided, as there are many available on these figures, some of which may not be of suitable quality for scholarship. However, you will likely need to find additional scholarly resources in order to complete this assignment. Consider the quality of the resource before using and be sure to cite all sources used in your paper.
Submit a 3page paper (not including title page and references) addressing both: Sara Josephine Baker and Clara Barton
To complete the assignment:
• Include a title page in APA format.
• Include a section header for each section.
• Describe the innovative, health-related activities that the two historical figures were involved with during their lifetime.
• Compare and contrast the challenges the historical figures experienced in conducting his or her activities and the strategies each person used to overcome them.
• Discuss and compare the impact the historical figures had on modern public health systems.
• Analyze the importance of and implications of the activities for positive social change.
• Provide a brief reflection on how one or more historical achievements of these figures may relate to you personally.
• Discuss how you incorporate public health values and philosophies into your role as a scholar-practitioner.
• Cite the sources you used within your text, wherever you referred to or used them.
• Include an APA formatted reference list at the end of your paper.
Assignment: Agents of Social Change
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!