Community and Public Health- Public Health Disasters & Preparedness. Read through the attached chapter 11 ( Friis, R. H., Bell, N. M., & Philibert, B. (2013). Community and Public Health [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://content.ashford.edu/) and the attached emergency disaster. Then complete the following steps:
Imagine you are the director of FEMA using NIMS when this disaster occurs.
- Develop a written PSA that informs the population of what will be done to resolve the issue. Address these elements:
- Describe the nature of the situation.
- Explain what FEMA and others are doing to mitigate the situation.
- Explain what people need to do to stay safe and/or to get help in order to reduce panic.
Questions to think about while formulating your response to the public:
- What are the issues you will address first?
- Which organization is responsible for what? Where will you allocate your resources?
- What public health concerns are the results of each of these events?
- Which populations might be most at risk?
- What are some of the long-term health effects of these events?
- What other health concerns may arise from these events?
- What will you say to the people, who are desperately awaiting your direction?