[Essay Help]: Criminological Theory: Jeffrey Dahmer
Criminological Theory: Jeffrey Dahmer. Criminological theory has undergone many changes over the years. From the relatively simplistic theories pertaining to physical appearance to the modern day psychopathy and biosocial conceptualizations, criminological theory has matured considerably over time. After completing reading Chapters 2, 8, and 9 of the Bartol & Bartol text, you will summarize a well–known criminal case (Jeffrey Dahmer) including a description of the offense(s), the investigation of the crime, and the outcome. It is important in any investigation or analysis of criminal behavior to evaluate both endogenous and exogenous theories of criminal behavior and analyze how our biases and assumptions influence our assessment of individuals and the role of psychological profiling in law enforcement. It is also important to determine culturally–based behavior patterns that may be specific to certain segments of the population. Preliminary sources of this type of information may come from reliable media sources in their coverage of scholarly works as well as government publications of research findings. These may direct you to more focused resources for scholarly references.
In your paper
- Identify and analyze the behavior of (Jeffrey Dahmer) relative to the psychological history and evaluation of the offender(s).
- Describe the psychological, behavioral, environmental, and cognitive factors that you believe led to (Jeffrey Dahmer) criminality. The goal is to provide an analysis of the psychological history of the offender as it pertains to the offense(s).
- Summarize the psychological history of (Jeffrey Dahmer)as it pertains to the offense(s). Be sure to include as much information as possible regarding the offender’s childhood, adolescence as well as adulthood (if applicable).
- Provide examples of behavior that reflect psychological influences.
- Discuss the nature of any mental health referrals or treatment that occurred and the outcome.
- Identify psychological issues that were present, as demonstrated through statements and/or behavior of (Jeffrey Dahmer) , but not identified or treated.
The Case Summary and Offender Profile
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page
- Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course texts.
- Must document all sources in APA style
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style
Criminological Theory: Jeffrey Dahmer
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!