Discuss Group Projects the Bystander Effect & the Regulation of Stress. Why are group projects so annoying and stressful? How come they can turn out so badly? Be sure to describe this issue using terms from the Chapter 12 section on social influence and group behavior and conformity.
2. Describe the Bystander Effect. Why does this occur? Use terminology from the text and lecture sure to define the terms you use.
3. Referring to the chapter section on regulation of stress, name and describe the two general types of stress coping styles. Give an example for both of them.
4.In a short paragraph, describe Sigmund Freud’s psychoanalytic approach to therapy and counseling. Be sure to use specific terminology in your response.
5. Describe the benefits of the Socio-Cultural Model of Therapy. Why is this necessary? Aren’t psychological disorders a separate issue from one’s cultural background?
6. In your opinion, what is the best way to educate children and young people about psychological disorders? How would you go about preventing the stigma of mental illness in family and society?
7. LAST easy essay question: What was your favorite topic in this class, and WHY? It might be the most useful to your life, or the most interesting to you, or even one that changed your viewpoint on people and our everyday struggles.