[Essay Help]: Diversity and teamwork Ethics and professionalism
Diversity and teamwork Ethics and professionalism.
In this assignment, you will use the following transferable skills:
- Diversity and teamwork
- Ethics and professionalism
You will use these skills to contribute to professional, in-field knowledge through the creation of a product for your Public Policy Tool Kit: a team-building plan and a response to an ethical dilemma.
NOTE: This project assignment consists of two parts.
Part 1: Building a Team
There are different types of funding, and funding is needed and used for many reasons, including program improvements, updates to comply with licensing requirements, and purchase of new equipment and materials.
Following is a scenario that can affect any center: You are the director of a year-round center that has 12 infants, 21 toddlers, and 30 preschoolers. The local schools have shared that there is a need for after school and summer vacation care for school-age children. You are looking to expand your program and add 20 school-age children to collaborate with the community and schools. You need to find funding for this program expansion. Raising rates is not an option.
To complete this part of the assignment, address the following in a minimum of three (3) pages:
- * Who would you include on your team to propose funding from local sources? Aside from other ECE professionals and families, keep in mind that your team can consist of members of organizations, businesses, or local groups you might not normally think of including that supports your cause and can contribute in some way.
- *What tasks need to get done? Create a checklist for these tasks.
- *Who do you choose to do each task and why?
- *Acknowledging the diverse perspectives and skillsets of these people, explain how they can all work together to achieve this common goal of raising funds.
- *Explain how you would plan ahead to keep your plan on track in case a team member cannot fulfill his or her role/obligation.
Part 2: Addressing an Ethical Dilemma
A team member has been chosen to complete an application for a grant at a local bank. In her grant proposal, she shared confidential information about a family of a child with special needs without permission–thinking this information would strengthen the team’s chances of getting the grant.
To complete this part of the assignment, address the following in a minimum of two (2) pages in the same document you started in Part 1:
- *What ethical implications are there?
- *What would you say to the team member to explain, in a professional and courteous yet firm way, the ethical issues presented by her actions even though you may agree with her approach?
- *How would you explain to this team member why sharing confidential information is not in the best interest of the family or the child?
Diversity and teamwork Ethics and professionalism
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!