[Essay Help]: Effect of Technology advancement on the court system
Effect of Technology advancement on the court system. As recent events have shown, the rapid pace in which technology advances has created complicated legal questions that are being litigated before the courts today. Likely, one of the most controversial of these advances is the relationship between DNA, probable cause, and issues of privacy. In this activity, you are provided two research documents. Research Document 1 provides an overview of the legal issues associated with compulsory DNA collection and was prepared by the Congressional Research Service. Research Document 2 contains a detailed overview of the legal and ethical issues associated with DNA. Read both documents, and then write an argumentative essay explaining your position on the issue of DNA that is discussed in these documents.
Complete the following for this assignment:
- Read the following 2 research documents:
- Henning, A. C. (2008). Compulsory DNA collection: A Fourth Amendment analysis. Washington, D.C.: Congressional Research Service, Library of Congress.
- Strutin, K. (2014). DNA without warrant: Decoding privacy, probable cause and personhood. Rich. JL & Pub. Int., 18, 319.
- Summarize the key legal and privacy concerns discussed by Henning.
- Summarize the key legal and privacy concerns discussed by Strutin.
- Form an argumentative essay supporting your position relating to those issues raised by Henning and Strutin. Indicate whether you agree with one author over the other, whether you disagree with both, or have other ideas on this topic. Explain your position in detail.
Be sure to cite all references in APA format.
Effect of Technology advancement on the court system
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!