[Essay Help]: Environmental Issue Project – Topic Selection
Environmental Issue Project – Topic Selection. For a major part of your grade, you are going to research and complete an environmental issues paper. This will help you build the skills necessary to develop an informed opinion and present that opinion in written form. This project will serve as a final assessment for the course. Using the content of the course, critically evaluate and analyze a controversial environmental issue of your choosing. You must examine the pros, cons, compromises, and tradeoffs of the issue by gathering credible information from various sources and assess the scientific credibility of the information. You will then develop from this information a well thought out paper that will address the major players involved, relevant cited facts, and a clearly identified opinion.
The first part of this project will be to submit a topic to your instructor for approval. Research the topic using online library, the online library, scientific journals, government documents, books, science magazines, and personal interviews. Peer reviewed sources should form the basis of your paper. Use a minimum of 6 sources. The final paper should be double-spaced, 12 point, and 6 to 8 pages in length with citations in APA format. Anytime you use the writings or ideas of others as though they were your own, you are plagiarizing (even if you paraphrase). All information and ideas that are not a part of general knowledge must be cited. When in doubt, cite!
Your final paper should address the following key points:
- The Controversy: Identify the controversy
- The Major Players: Who is involved? Why are they involved?
- Important Facts: State relevant facts concerning the issue. Try to separate fact from opinion. Try not to show your own bias. Properly use APA citations
- Side One: Arguments; state briefly and cite your sources
- Side Two: Arguments; state briefly and cite your sources
- Your Opinion and Rationale: I believe that…, We should…, I feel that… Use supporting arguments and rationale. What arguments would you use to present to those who disagree with you? Cite all of your sources.
- References: Alphabetize your sources. Make sure there are sources representing both sides of the issue.
The schedule of deliverables for this project are:
Week 02 – Topic SubmissionWeek 03 – Begin ResearchWeek 04 – Reference List Week 05 – Rough Draft – Peer ReviewWeek 06 – Final Paper
week 2 actual assignment:
It is time to identify an environmental controversy that is of interest to you.
You might find it useful to read your local newspaper, browse through your textbook, or search online for an environmental controversy that you wish to research throughout the rest of the course. Once you have determined an issue, write a brief, 1 paragraph description of the issue and why you feel strongly about it. Once your instructor has approved this topic you may begin your research.
Environmental Issue Project – Topic Selection
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!