https://fastestwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/pioneer-writers-e1669345668162.png 0 0 Admin https://fastestwriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/pioneer-writers-e1669345668162.png Admin2022-11-25 02:51:392022-11-25 02:51:39[Essay Help]: Epidemiology
- Compose a brief Word document that answers the following questions.
- Different measures of disease are useful to evaluate and assess public health programs and needs in different situations. Refer to Chapter 3 in Friis and Sellers (2014).
- State which measure would best support your goal and briefly explain why you chose that measure for each of the following questions (numbers 1 – 5).
Measures of disease:
- I = incidence rate (p. 126)
- P = prevalence (p. 113)
- L = lifetime prevalence (p. 114)
- M = crude mortality rate (crude death rate) (p. 112)
- R = sex ratio (counts) (p. 109)
- To demonstrate the risks of car-train crashes at railroad crossings without warning signals.
- To demonstrate the amount of children’s exposure to secondhand cigarette smoke.
- To estimate the number of persons who have had leukemia during their lifetimes.
- To estimate the number of healthcare facilities needed to support patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- To argue that mortality from HIV infection is a more serious public health problem in one region of the U.S than another.