[Essay Help]: Knowledge Acquisition and Memory Development
Knowledge Acquisition and Memory Development.
Knowledge Acquisition and Memory Development
[WLOs: 3, 4, 6] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 5]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, please read When Forced Fabrications Become Truth: Causal Explanations and False Memory Development, view How Your “Working Memory” Makes Sense of the World, Elizabeth Loftus: How Reliable Is Your Memory? (Links to an external site.), and the Three Kinds of Memory film segment, and review the Instructor Guidance. It is suggested that you also review the recommended resources for this week as a number of them have links to applicable articles and may assist you in creating this written assignment.
Too often, when learning about memory development, one forgets that this has a direct relationship to effective learning. Knowledge is essentially a memory, and how well humans process information affects performance at many levels.
For this paper, you will be explaining some of the cognitive-based ideologies related to how memory development works, how it is affected by outside variables, and how strategies can improve one’s own information processing. You will demonstrate an understanding of psychological research methods and skeptical inquiry by correctly utilizing support resources within your writing.
Complete the following:
- Introduce the topic of effective knowledge or memory development (including assimilation and accommodation) based on cognitivism.
- Explain, precisely, the mental process of knowledge or memory development.
- Include the importance of successfully moving information from working (short-term) memory to long-term memory (effective information processing)?
- Discuss the factors of attention and perception in association with successfully moving information from sensory to working memory to long-term memory.
- Discuss the predominant variables that can affect effective processing for each of the following types of memories: semantic memories, episodic memories, and autobiographical memories.
- (Hint—emotions, outside distractions, etc.)
- Discuss the prevalence of false memories, and how this phenomenon may affect how we learn effectively, as well as help others to learn accurately.
- Conclude with a summarization of your paper’s content (conclusion paragraph).
The Knowledge Acquisition and Memory Development paper
- Must be a minimum of five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must include APA headings (See APA Style Elements (Links to an external site.) for assistance).
- Must use at least two scholarly or peer-reviewed sources published within the last five years in addition to the course text or other course materials. You may also use required and recommended materials from the course, but these will not count towards the research component of your
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Ashford University Library Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the Ashford University Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Knowledge Acquisition and Memory Development
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!