[Essay Help]: mental health quiz
mental health quiz. QUESTION 1
1. __________ is the ability of professionals to move their licensed status from state to state.
1. Divisions can be categorized as __________ divisions or __________ divisions.
|b.||passion; work setting|
|d.||work setting; specialty|
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the four ACA regions?
1. Portability allows
|a.||a multicultural approach to counseling.|
|b.||professionals to use standardized practices.|
|c.||professionals to move their license from state to state.|
|d.||the public to know that they are protected.|
1. The American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA) is an example of a
|a.||Both of the above|
|b.||work setting division.|
|c.||None of the above|
1. ____________ was the final state to issue licenses for professional counselors.
1. Which ACA division is nicknamed “the heart and conscience of the counseling profession”?
|a.||Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counseling (ASERVIC)|
|b.||Counselors for Social Justice (CSJ)|
|c.||International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors (IAMFC)|
|d.||Association for Humanistic Counseling (AHC)|
1. Credentialing laws for the counseling profession have been left to the
1. Which of the following is NOT true about the National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)?
|a.||NBCC recruits non-profit organizations to sponsor certification testing.|
|b.||NBCC manages specialty certifications for clinical mental health and addictions counselors.|
|c.||NBCC oversees the national certification process.|
|d.||NBCC manages certification examinations.|
1. Title acts differ from practice acts in that title acts
|a.||allow graduates of counselor education programs to call themselves licensed professional counselors.|
|b.||prohibit individuals from performing the activities associated with professional counseling.|
|c.||require individuals to meet state licensure requirements.|
|d.||allow individuals to practice the profession of counseling so long as they do not call themselves licensed professional counselors.|
1. The four levels of credentialing procedures, ranging from least prestigious to most prestigious, are ______________.
|a.||certification, inspection, licensure, and registration|
|b.||inspection, registration, certification, and licensure|
|c.||inspection, licensure, certification, and registration|
|d.||registration, certification, inspection, and licensure|
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about credentialing laws for the counseling profession?
|a.||Many states accredit graduate school counseling programs in conjunction with national accreditation processes.|
|b.||Credentialing procedures are different from state to state.|
|c.||Credentialing laws are established by the national government.|
|d.||Professional policies and laws, particularly credentialing, are still being established.|
1. The process by which states reach agreements that allow for out-of-state licenses to be accepted so long as all state fees are paid is known as
1. Decisions of the CACREP board regarding accreditation of a program can include all of the following EXCEPT
|a.||denial of accreditation.|
|d.||2-year provisional accreditation.|
1. __________ protects public interest, ensures that graduate students have met high standards, and identifies educational programs that meet minimum standards for faculty composition, curriculum, and student services.
1. The minimum number of supervised clinical hours an applicant must accumulate before applying for a counseling license
|a.||is 4,000 hours.|
|b.||is 5,000 hours.|
|c.||is 3,000 hours.|
|d.||varies by state.|
1. __________ is NOT a level of credentialing procedures.
1. Licensure and national certification
|a.||support future skill development.|
|b.||are costly and sometimes unnecessary.|
|c.||guide counseling students through their respective graduate programs.|
|d.||allow professionals to use their leadership and advocacy skills.|
1. The __________ is a voluntary, non-profit, non-governmental, independent corporation that advances professional counselor credentials.
|a.||National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)|
|b.||American Counseling Association Foundation (ACAF)|
|c.||Chi Sigma Iota|
|d.||Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP)|
1. Licenses and certifications require
|a.||qualification by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).|
|c.||a minimum of 3.0 as a graduate GPA.|
|d.||3 years of graduate education.|
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!