OPMT 1198 Operations Management Fundamentals.
Your report must contain ALL of the following, in this order. Note that depending upon the scenario you choose some issues will be of a higher concern than others and will require further details.
- Identification of the Customer and what they specifically Value from the firm
- Scope of the business- what is included and what is not included and why
- Nature of the business: VALUE it provides to its customers – be very specific – this is the intrinsic value
- Mission Statement of the firm
- Products and/or services offered – full description and design of each
- Forecast of Demand for products or services for next 12 months – forecasting method and how it will be monitored
- Process flow of the operation- show diagram and explain fully
- Business layout – show layout diagram and explain why laid out this way and how this layout improves operations efficiency
- Identification of any equipment required to carry out the business
- Staffing requirements –organizational structure of the operations
Work Systems to be employed within the business – work design & who will carry out the work and how will they do it (job descriptions each operations role