R2wk5. After completing the course readings and viewing the course presentations for Module/Week 5, you will write a 2–4 page research paper evaluating all of the opportunities and obstacles in running a campaign as a campaign manager.
This assignment must be formatted in current Turabian style, including a title page, sectional headings, and a bibliography. It must also utilize 3–5 scholarly sources, which may include course materials (textbooks and presentations) and the Bible.
Use the following concepts to guide you as you perform background research as a campaign manager:
· Identify either a real federal type race, either U.S. Senate or U.S. House of Representatives OR a real state type race, either state senate or state house.
· Choose a real incumbent/candidate and identify her or his positions on issues.
· Evaluate the district; how do her positions on issues reflect that district? Should they be altered to mirror said district?
· Identify any combination of two to five interest groups, lobbyists, and political action committees (PACs) that you would need to gain their support.
· Identify any combination of two to five interest groups, lobbyists, and political action committees (PACs) that you would need to protect your candidate from.
· Analyze how you would accomplish both gaining support from groups and protecting your candidate from other groups.