the progress of the Millennium Development Goals. Many of the UN members are not satisfied with the progress of the Millennium Development Goals. They feel that the goals focus on the wrong issues. There is a disconnect between what issues the UN developed countries believe are priorities and what many developing countries feel the prioritized issues should be. For example, the country of Burundi has asked that one of the goals be focused on food security. Austria, however, is adamant that the major current global issue is to mediate ceasefires in countries in the midst of a civil war.
You have been asked to provide an unbiased perspective and identify the four issues you feel most impact the global environment. You will present your findings at the next UN General Assembly. Your goal is to provide a history of each issue, the number of countries affected, and the effects of this threat to the world population.
Of the eight major threats listed below, choose the four that you consider the most critical.
Poor health of entire populations
Lack of educational opportunities
Inappropriate uses of technology
For your presentation to the United Nations:
- Develop a minimum of four slides per issue for a minimum total of 16 slides.
- Provide at least a paragraph on each slide (in the notes section) to explain the reason this information is relevant to the UN’s assessment.
- To review how to do any of the required assignment deliverables in PowerPoint, please refer to your Lynda.com account or reach out to your instructor ahead of time.
- For each issue, create a graph or chart to analyze the data you have collected.
- Cite at least five credible sources excluding Wikipedia, dictionaries, and encyclopedias.