[Essay Help]: Vocabulary Game/Rationale
Vocabulary Game/Rationale. Vocabulary games are one way to promote engagement and motivation for students while they practice their standards‐based literacy skills. Vocabulary games require purpose and thoughtful planning to be effective.
Choose a story excerpt from “Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects” and review “Case Scenario: Jacob” to inform this assignment.
Part 1: Vocabulary Game
Create a small group vocabulary game aligned to one or more research‐based strategies that meets Jacob’s needs. Incorporate a minimum of 10 vocabulary words from a story excerpt of your choice within your game.
Use the “Vocabulary Strategies” template to address the aspects of the game.
- The story excerpt chosen and vocabulary words with grade level appropriate definitions.
- Rules of the game, to include the roles of both teacher and students.
- How to expand the game to include higher‐level thinking.
- Two accommodations/modifications, one for English Language Learners (ELLs) and one for a student with special needs, specifying their needs.
Part 2: Rationale
In 250‐500 words, write a rationale to address the following:
- How does the vocabulary game implement one or more research‐based strategy to support students’ vocabulary development?
- How does the game help to engage and motivate the students?
- How does the game help Jacob achieve his learning goal?
Support your findings with 2‐3 scholarly sources.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!