[Essay Help]: Waterborne Disease & Outbreak Surveillance Reports
Waterborne Disease & Outbreak Surveillance Reports. Instructions:
Review the List of Selected Multistate Foodborne Outbreak Investigations and the Waterborne Disease & Outbreak Surveillance Reports:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (20 Sep 2018). Foodborne Outbreaks: List of Selected Multistate Foodborne Outbreak Investigations. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/foodsafety/outbreaks/multistate-outbreaks/outbreaks-list.html
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (16 Oct 2017). Waterborne Disease & Outbreak Surveillance Reports.Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/surveillance/surveillance-reports.html
Select an outbreak from one of these lists that you would like to research further. After selecting an outbreak, write a minimum 500-word expository essay by discussing the following:
- Provide a brief description of the outbreak (who, what, when, where).
- Describe the pathogen responsible for the outbreak, including the signs and symptoms of illness and complications that can lead to hospitalization and/or death.
- Discuss the potential source (food, water, air, etc.) and exposure pathways for the pathogen (ingested, inhaled, absorbed, etc.)
- What were the results of the outbreak? How many confirmed and/or suspected cases, hospitalizations and deaths occurred? How did the outbreak cease?
- What disease investigation principles were used to determine the pathogen, source and exposure pathway of the outbreak?
- How can similar outbreaks be prevented in the future?
Your paper needs to include at least three (3) references, which may include the assigned reading material for Unit 2
Waterborne Disease & Outbreak Surveillance Reports
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!