[Essay Help]: Week 5 – Discussion Forum/0 Comments/in Uncategorized/by Admin
Week 5 – Discussion Forum.
Week 5 – Discussion Forum
Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Metacognition [WLOs: 1, 5] [CLOs: 3, 4, 6]
Prior to engaging in this discussion, please read Chapter 8: Owning Our Learning Experiences in your required text, watch the videos What Is Metacognition? (Exploring the Metacognition Cycle) (Links to an external site.) and Brief Intro to Metacognition (Links to an external site.), read the paper Using Metacognition to Promote Learning (Links to an external site.), and review the instructor guidance.
Metacognition is the ability to be aware of and regulate one’s thought processes, which may improve one’s ability to effectively process information. Consider the benefits of being more aware of your own learning needs and how it might affect both your personal and professional goals.
In your initial post, discuss the following:
- How could an increased awareness of information processing, your learning style, and your attention and self-regulation strategies potentially affect your performance in your academic journey?
- How will an increased awareness of information processing, your learning style, and your attention to self-regulation strategies impact your career development?
- When considering your career goals, how might you apply your increased understanding of how we learn? (In your organization? Your community? Your volunteer efforts?)
- Did you learn anything important about yourself through the process of learning about learning?
- What did you learn about your peers in the class through the process of learning about learning?
- How will you apply what you have learned about yourself in your future learning activities (whether you are the learner or the instructor in these activities)?
- Do you agree or disagree that by applying the elements of metacognition into your studies, you will improve your ability to learn more effectively?
Your initial post should be between 350 and 400 words. You must support your discussion by citing the required textbook. Cite all information from your sources according to APA guidelines as outlined in the APA: Citing Within Your Papers (Links to an external site.) resource. List each of your sources at the end of your posting according to APA Style as shown in the sample page for APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource.
Guided Peer Replies: Read several of your classmates’ posts, and respond to at least two of your classmates and at least one of your classmates’ responses to your initial post by Day 7 (Monday). Each peer response posting should be a minimum of 200 words. Monitor this forum throughout the week to create interactive dialogue to help develop your knowledge, and address the following:
- What in your peers’ posts differs from your own reactions to the questions?
- What insights might you gain from your peers’ assessments of potential advantages for understanding how we learn?
Instructor Responses: Review any instructor feedback on your postings. Often feedback is shared to help you to elevate your level of critical thought or make corrections. Reply based on this feedback to advance your understanding of the content addressed.
In addition, observe the following guidelines for all responses:
- Remember that discussion forums should be conversations; dialogue is encouraged throughout the course.
- Provide a courteous and interactive learning environment.
- Continue to monitor this discussion through 5:00 p.m. (Mountain Time) on Day 7 of the week, and reply to anyone (instructor or classmate) who has chosen to respond to your original post.
- Your grade will reflect the quality of your initial post, the depth of your peer replies, and your active support of forum dialogue.
- Your responses should demonstrate that you have read the existing replies in the forum. (In your response, mention information and viewpoints already expressed by existing responses to the same post.)
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!