[Essay Help]: What are the Challenges and Successes of African Americans?
What are the Challenges and Successes of African Americans?. . The exam will cover material from Chapter 8 through Chapter 10.
Write on TWO of the following. Be sure to develop a clear argument (thesis statement) while incorporating significant facts and ideas from the text, lecture, and discussion (50 points each). You can use your book and other relevant sources, but make sure that you cite your sources. The answers must be in essay form.
1. How did the Compromise of 1877 transform the lives of African Americans living in the South? In your essay, include a discussion on the advancements that southern blacks achieved and how these were taken away. Also include a discussion on how white southerners passed laws and created a culture that kept African Americans as second class citizens.
2. Booker T. Washington and W. E. B. Du Bois emerged as the leaders of the black community during the early 20th century. Write an essay that compares and contrasts their ideas about racial uplift and how their actions influenced other black leaders. Be sure to include at least three examples of their impact on the black community.
3. Black women have always played a crucial role in the African American experience. In an essay, write about the issues that were important to black women and how they organized and worked to find solutions. In your essay, be sure to include at least three examples with full detail to support your thesis on the importance of black women during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
4. In what ways did African Americans protest their injustices in America prior to 1945? To answer this question, you need to consider different types of protest, which include intellectual thought, art, music, behavior, and organizing. Include in your answer, the issue that was protested, the means of protest, and the outcome.
5. Poet Langston Hughes wrote “What happens to a dream deferred? Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun? Or does it explode?” How does this quote describe the challenges and successes of African Americans from Reconstruction through the New Deal? you have to choose only 2 question and answer in 2 to 3 pages each question. so all can be 4 to 6 pages
What are the Challenges and Successes of African Americans?
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!